All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionTo the outsider the City is still something of a mystery. Independent traders and investors may study the financial pages and log on to websites to read about the markets, yet what they find there will generally give them little concept of the realities of City business. The hard truth is that independent traders are up against dealers with more information, professional investors with greater financial clout, and investment banks and hedge funds with more powerful systems, all of which can leave the odds stacked against them and puts them a few crucial steps behind in their trades. The Street-Smart Trader will help level the playing field. Ian Lyall - an experienced financial journalist - provides an insider's view on the big issues, garnered from candid interviews with experienced City figures. He delves into key areas, including: press coverage of the markets, the reports of financial analysts, and the activities of hedge funds. He encourages readers to question what they think they kw and shows how the insights he provides can be used to help traders make more successful, profitable trades in the future.
- Author BiographyIan Lyall is the editor of 'Proactive Investors', a champion of the independent stock market trader. Before that he was the investment editor and City news editor at the Daily Mail, where he directed the coverage of some of the biggest stories to ever emerge from the Square Mile as it struggled in the grip of the credit crunch and subsequent banking crisis. In his 15 years as a business reporter and editor, Ian has worked for Dow Jones, writing stories for the international news wire, and the Wall Street Journal. He also led the London company coverage for AFX News, now part of Reuters. Ian's career began on local newspapers in Kent, before moving to a national news agency. His specialist areas are pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and growth stocks. A regular contributor to the Daily Mail, he writes the paper's weekly investment column. Ian lives in Hertfordshire with wife Tanya, children Oliver and Cameron and a Noah's Ark of pets - including a dog, two cats, two gerbils and a pair of goldfish.
- Author(s)Ian Lyall
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication24/05/2010
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.