All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book demonstrates how the latest insights into the physiopathology of the stress response can be integrated into clinical practice. The topic is particularly relevant since the metabolic changes triggered by acute stress, including adaptive responses such as resistance to anabolic signals, have recently been more precisely delineated. The underlying mechanisms of these changes are also w better understood. The authors analyse how these advances could result in better management and more effective prevention of the long-term clinical consequences of the alterations occurring during the acute phase. An international panel of respected experts discusses these topics and describes the management of some common clinical conditions.
- Author BiographyJean-Charles Preiser is currently Professor at the Department of Intensive Care of the Erasme University Hospital in Brussels. He has a long-lasting involvement in clinical research, in relation with the metabolic and nutritional aspects of critical illness. He published about 200 peer-reviewed articles, guidelines and book chapters. He is currently the associate editor of the Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (JPEN), Critical Care and The Annals of Intensive Care and is actually involved in international and national education programs on nutrition.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication25/03/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 13 colour illustrations, 50 colour tables, biography
- Weight564 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJean Charles Preiser
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.