Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe Strings are False is Louis MacNeice's unfinished autobiography. Written when MacNeice was a young man it was only discovered and published after his death in 1963. Described by Geoffrey Grigson in the Guardian as 'the best thing Louis MacNeice ever wrote in prose', The Strings are False is being reissued in MacNeice's centenary year with a new preface by Derek Mahon.
- Author BiographyLouis MacNeice was born in Belfast in 1907. His first book of poems, Blind Fireworks, appeared in 1929, and he subsequently worked as a translator, literary critic, playwright, BBC producer and autobiographer. The Burning Perch, his last volume of poems, appeared shortly before his death in 1963.
- Author(s)Louis MacNeice,Walter de la Mare
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication06/09/2007
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight226 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.