All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionIt's the 1940's and a young girl picks her way through the remnants of a bombed out Berlin. Life is hard living in the rubble, but amid the bombs, the fighting and the eventual taking of the city by Soviet troops, the young girl and her family manage to eek out an existence by living on the edge and fending mostly for themselves. This is the story of the life of that young girl as told by Gigi herself. From the horror of Berlin during the latter stages of World War Two and the eventual Soviet occupation of her city, to her eventual escape through The Iron Curtain, Gigi tells a sometimes difficult tale of abuse, slavery and imprisonment, lasting over several decades and finally ending in a little island off the coast of Australia. Curiously and unexpectedly, her story is also one of true love that never really dies. And, through it all, we learn that The Strong Shall Live.
- Author BiographyLANCE JONES is a qualified Social Worker, Lawyer and Outdoor Educator. A surf life saver and rugby league player in his youth, he now serves as Executive Director of COMREC Australia Pty Ltd, a South Australian organisation operating developmental and day options programmes for people with a disability. Lance founded COMREC in 1993, and has since won a collection of state and federal awards for innovation and programme excellence. Lance is an Adjunct Fellow of the Southern Cross University School of Law and Justice and operates a small independent Legal Practice. He is also the author of What? No Kangaroos?, a tale of travel and adventure based on his own experiences backpacking around Europe in the early 1980's. He is a keen South Sydney Rabbitohs fan and is a Foundation Member of the famous club. Lance lives in Australia, dividing his time between Adelaide and The Gold Coast.
- Author(s)Lance Jones
- PublisherJack Dog Publishing
- Date of Publication20/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJack Dog Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.