All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together ten contributions to the study of untutored (mainly) second but also first language acquisition. All chapters have been written from a functionalist perspective and take as the main theoretical framework a model of spontaneous second language acquisition centered on the basic variety as proposed by Klein and Perdue. The chapters in the volume are grouped around two research themes. The first theme concerns the acquisition of scope phemena (negation, scope particles), the second one deals with referential movement (reference to person, time and space). Both parts provide insights in the structure of learner varieties at various stages of development, and are followed by a discussion chapter.
- Author BiographyHenriette Hendriks is Assistant Director of Research at the Research Centre of English and Applied Linguistics, University of Cambridge, Great Britain.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication16/06/2005
- Series TitleStudies on Language Acquisition [SOLA]
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 28
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content NoteNum. figs. and tab.
- Weight926 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byHenriette Hendriks
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.