All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a major contribution to post-Keynesian thought. With studies of the key pioneers - Keynes himself, Kalecki, Kahn, Goodwin, Kaldor, Joan Robinson, Sraffa and Pasinetti - G. C. Harcourt emphasizes their positive contributions to theories of distribution, pricing, accumulation, endogeus money and growth. The propositions of earlier chapters are brought together in an integrated narrative and interpretation of the major episodes in advanced capitalist ecomics in the post-war period, leading to a discussion of the relevance of post-Keynesian ideas to both our understanding of ecomics and to policy-making. The appendices include biographical sketches of the pioneers and analysis of the conceptual core of their discontent with orthodox theories. Drawing on the author's experience of teaching and researching over fifty years, this book will appeal to undergraduate and graduate students interested in alternative approaches to theoretical, applied and policy issues in ecomics, as well as to teachers and researchers in ecomics.
- Author BiographyG. C. Harcourt is Emeritus Reader in the History of Economic Theory, University of Cambridge, Emeritus Fellow of Jesus College, Cambridge and Professor Emeritus of the University of Adelaide.
- Author(s)G. C. Harcourt
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/10/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note46 figures
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.