Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionTracing Pike County from its creation, The Structure of Time: Pike County, Mississippi, 1815-1912 explores the ecomic, social, and political tensions between local automy and national integration. The book focuses on the years following Reconstruction when an embattled white elite sought to achieve the promises of the New South creed and to maintain the vision of a hierarchical, organic society. In the end, the unique history of Pike County provides an interpretive framework for the general history of the post-bellum South.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Martin J. Hardeman received his Ph.D. in American History from the University of Chicago in 1992. He has taught at Roosevelt University, Kenyon College, and the University of St. Thomas. Currently Dr. Hardeman is an Assistant Professor at Eastern Illinois University.
- Author(s)Martin J Hardeman
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleModern American History: the United States Since 1865
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note3 fig.
- Weight370 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.