CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
The Structure of the Lexicon: Incorporating a Cognitive Approach in the Tcm Lexicon, with Applications to Lexicography, Terminology and Translation by Marcel Thelen (Paperback, 2011)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, Marcel Thelen combines the syntax-based structuring principles and the resulting lexicon according to TCM (Two-Cycle Model of Grammar) with the more contemporary cognitive interpretation of the lexicon and mental structures of Cognitive Grammar as developed by Langacker. He discusses issues such as nature/types and applies his insights to the ontological status of concepts, the nature of conceptual structure and polysemy, as well as to other disciplines such as Lexicography, Termilogy and Translation.
The modified TCM model that emerges is then compared with Cognitive Grammar on the points of centrality of syntax vs. iconicity, generation of structures vs. inventory of ready-made structures, and transformations vs. links. The conclusion is that these form the most difficult obstacles to remove for further reconciliation.
- Author BiographyMARCEL THELEN is a senior lecturer of terminology and translation and head of the School of Translation and Interpreting of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences in Maastricht, The Netherlands.
- Author(s)Marcel Thelen
- PublisherAcademia Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintAcademia Press
- Content Note131 illus.
- Weight748 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.