All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Struggle Within is an accessible historical primer about mass imprisonment as a tool of repression deployed against diverse left-wing social movements over the last 50 years. Berger examines many dynamic social movements across half a century: black liberation, Puerto Rican independence, Native American sovereignty, Chica radicalism, white antiracist and working-class mobilisations, pacifist and antinuclear campaigns and earth liberation and animal rights. Berger's encyclopaedic kwledge of American social movements provides a rich comparative history.
- Author BiographyDan Berger is an assistant professor of comparative ethnic studies at the University of Washington-Bothell. He is the author of The Hidden 1970s, Letters from Young Activists, and Outlaws of America, and his writings on race, prisons, media, and American social movements have appeared various journals. He is the cofounder of Decarcerate PA, an organization that works to end mass incarceration in Pennsylvania. He lives in Seattle. Ruth Wilson Gilmore is a professor of geography at the CUNY Graduate Center at City University of New York. She is a member of the founding collective of Critical Resistance, one of the most important national antiprison organizations in the United States. She is the author of Golden Gulag: Prisons, Surplus, Crisis, and Opposition in Globalizing California, which was awarded the Lora Romero First Book Award by the American Studies Association. She lives in New York City. dream hampton has written about music, culture, and politics for 20 years. Her articles and essays have appeared in Detroit News, Essence, Harper's Bazaar, the Village Voice, and a dozen anthologies. She lives in Detroit.
- Author(s)Dan Berger
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight133 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.