All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is written for students of singing. Whilst primarily designed for undergraduate and graduate level students, it will also be of use to mature singers and to those already in the singing profession, who simply want to keep their technique and kwledge alive. Over a successful career as a singing teacher for more than a quarter of a century, Colin Baldy has been frustrated by the lack of suitable reading materials aimed specifically at the student of the singing voice. He hopes that this book will be a useful resource, t only to students, but also to their teachers who undoubtedly receive frequent requests for such a book. The book includes a certain amount of physiology, eugh but t too much, with suggested exercises and methods for developing the correct use of that physiology. It suggests a suitable repertoire to run alongside the exercises, and contains a large amount of trouble-shooting advice. The author's intention is to encourage the singing student and to assist them in avoiding common pitfalls. It is also hoped that the book may help singers to identify vocal problems which they may already have developed.
- Author BiographyColin Baldy has taught singing at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford, Utah State University, Pisa University and a number of summer schools in the UK, France and Italy. From 1990 to 2001 he trained the singers, men and boys, of the world-famous choir of New College, Oxford. He receives frequent invitations to work as visiting professor around the world. A previous book, Voice for Life 5 was published by the Royal School of Church Music in 2002. Colin is a character baritone and an exponent of the songs of Noel Coward.
- Author(s)Colin Baldy
- PublisherDunedin Academic Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDunedin Academic Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, music
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.