All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough his audacious, erotic, and satirical verses survived the Middle Ages in only a single copy, Catullus has become in our time a canical author, ranking in popularity and importance with Virgil, Horace, and Ovid. And for students and teachers of Latin, Daniel H. Garrison s The Student s Catullus is a definitive introductory text. This fourth edition, thoroughly revised, makes Catullus famous poems more accessible than ever. A comprehensive reference, The Student s Catullus includes the following features: . A brief overview of Catullus s life and artistic persona . A fresh recension of all 113 poems . A commentary in English on each poem, explaining difficult points of Latin and salient aspects of Catullus artistry . A Who s Who of the people in Catullus poems . An explanation of Catullan meters . A glossary of literary terms used in the commentary . A complete Latin-English Catullan vocabulary . Six reference maps New to this fourth edition are dozens of additional tes to aid comprehension, more nuanced definitions in the vocabulary list, and amplified information in the appendices. In addition, Garrison has expanded his introduction to include tips for students and teachers. Drawing on years of classroom experience, Garrison urges readers to avoid rote translation and instead engage thoroughly with the poet s delightful language, syntax, structure, and rhythm.
- Author(s)D. H. Garrison
- PublisherUniversity of Oklahoma Press
- Date of Publication26/11/2004
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleOklahoma Series in Classical Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationOklahoma
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Oklahoma Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight363 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement4th edition.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.