All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Student s Guide to Becoming a Midwife is essential reading for all student midwives. Now updated to include the latest 2012 NMC Midwifery Rules and Standards and a brand new chapter on the midwife and public health, this comprehensive resource provides a wide range of need-to-kw information for student midwives, including: * Effective communication and documentation * Confidentiality * Interdisciplinary working * The fundamentals of antenatal, intrapartum, and postnatal care * Assessment and examination of the new-born baby * Medicines * Public health * Clinical decision-making * Evidence-based practice With case studies, words of wisdom from current midwives and a range of activities and self-test questions throughout making it easy to learn and understand key concepts The Student s Guide to Becoming a Midwife is the ideal companion for students throughout their course.
- Author BiographyIan Peate is Visiting Professor University of West London, London, UK, and Editor in Chief of the British Journal of Nursing. Cathy Hamilton is a Midwifery Lecturer at the University of Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, UK, and a Supervisor of Midwives.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication24/01/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight854 g
- Width185 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byCathy Hamilton,Ian Peate
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.