All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionJumping head first into a research project is a surefire recipe for stress and confusion. But if you're a newbie, how do you kw where to begin, let alone where to go from there? Library instruction expert McAdoo has penned a primer specifically tailored to vice researchers, offering beginning-to-end guidance for every step of the research process, from planning and preparing to conducting and writing. Structured in a way that's easy to digest, McAdoo shows students* what research is and what it entails, the stages of research, and the elements of a term paper; * the essential steps in preparing for research, and how to understand the assignment;how libraries and librarians can help; * pointers for selecting a research topic and appropriate information tools; * strategies for conducting searches that will save time and effort, from using keywords to constructing more sophisticated searches; * how to understand, read, and evaluate search results; * the dos and don'ts of conducting research ethically, including how to cite sources and how and why to avoid plagiarism; and* guidance for shaping research results into quality writing. Students will appreciate the book's clear and concise language regarding the research process, while teachers, faculty, YA staff, and academic librarians will find it a valuable tool for information literacy.
- Author BiographyMonty McAdoo has a bachelor's degree in psychology, an M.A. in student personnel services, a second master's degree in library science, and a D.Ed. degree in administration and leadership studies. He is the author of Fundamentals of Library Instruction and Building Bridges: Connecting Faculty, Students, and the College Library (both ALA Editions). He has over twenty years of experience as a professional librarian and currently serves as research and instruction librarian at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. In addition to providing traditional library user education, he has developed and teaches an undergraduate class on information ethics and has also taught graduate-level courses in both counseling and research.
- Author(s)Monty L. McAdoo
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.