All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most important features of China's ecomic emergence has been the role of foreign investment and foreign companies. The importance goes well beyond the USD 1.6 trillion in foreign direct investment that China has received since it started opening its ecomy. Using the tools of ecomic impact analysis, the author estimates that around one-third of China's GDP in recent years has been generated by the investments, operations, and supply chains of foreign invested companies. In addition, foreign companies have developed industries, created suppliers and distributors, introduced modern techlogies, improved business practices, modernized management training, improved sustainability performance, and helped shape China's legal and regulatory systems. These impacts have helped China become the world's second largest ecomy, its leading exporter, and one of its leading destinations for inward investment. The book provides a powerful analysis of China's policies toward foreign investment that can inform policy makers around the world, while giving foreign companies tools to demonstrate their contributions to host countries and showing the tremendous power of foreign investment to help transform ecomies.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Enright, a leading expert on competitiveness, regional economic development, and international business strategy, became the Sun Hung Kai Professor of Business at the University of Hong Kong in 1996 after six years as a professor at the Harvard Business School. He is also a director of Enright, Scott & Associates consultancy and a founder of The Competitiveness Institute. Professor Enright has consulted for companies, governments, and multilateral organizations in more than 30 countries on six continents on international business strategy, competitiveness, regional clustering, technology policy, and economic development; has appeared in 40 countries as a featured speaker; and has authored numerous books and monographs on international competitiveness and China's development.
- Author(s)Michael J. Enright
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight510 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.