All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe role of a subject leader is one of the most important in any school, second only to that of the head teacher. Subject leaders are working in the 'engine room' of school life, expected to turn the vision, values and ethos of a school into reality. However, most teachers went into education because they wanted to be teachers, t leaders, so they often haven't had any training into how to lead a subject area. This book seeks to deliver a whole range of practical solutions to the challenges that the role presents. The areas covered range from setting and communicating your vision, delivering high quality learning across all classes and developing rigorous and effective systems of self evaluation to understanding and developing a transformational leadership style. Hugely accessible and realistic, the book also tackles some of the other critical issues that sometimes face subject leaders. Practical solutions are offered around the issues of working with underperforming colleagues as well as managing the stresses of the role.
- Author BiographySteve Garnett delivers innovative, exciting and inspirational learning and teaching focused INSET. Such is the demand for his work that it not only involves working across the UK but regularly involves international commitments in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia too. Steve is also the co-author of Improving Classroom Performance ISBN: 978-184590694-8.
- PrizesShortlisted for Education Resources Awards: Best Secondary Resource or Equipment - non ICT 2013.
- Author(s)Steve Garnett
- PublisherCrown House Publishing
- Date of Publication18/09/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCamarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCrown House Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width182 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.