All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow does art influence us? In The Subject of Aesthetics, Tone Roald approaches aesthetics as a psychological discipline, showing how works of art challenge our habitual ways of perceiving the world. While aesthetics has traditionally been a philosophical discipline, Roald discusses how it is very much alive in the realm of psychology - a qualitative psychology of lived experience. But what actually constitutes an aesthetics of lived experience? The book answers that question by analyzing people's own engagement with visual art. What emerges is that the object of aesthetics is indeed the subject.
- Author BiographyTone Roald, PhD, is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Psychology at University of Copenhagen. She has published and edited several books and articles on aesthetics, including Art and Identity. Essays on the Aesthetic Creation of Mind (Rodopi, 2013).
- Author(s)Tone Roald
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleConsciousness, Literature and the Arts
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight289 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.