All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll hell breaks loose when a power outage shuts down a major Latin American corporation; using the stamps he has for marking official documents, one employee bears witness. The Subsidiary could be called 'a corporate Heart Of Darkness'; just as Conrad's vella was an indictment of the barbarism of imperialism, Celedon's is a violent dramatisation of the dark side of corporate life - that also ds suggestively (for a writer who grew up in the shadow of Pichet) at the government forces that might be behind it.
- Author BiographyMatias Celedon was born in Santiago, Chile, in 1981. He is a screenwriter, journalist, and the author of three novels. This is his first translation into English.
- Author(s)Matias Celedone
- PublisherMelville House Publishing
- Date of Publication09/02/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBrooklyn
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMelville House Publishing
- Weight363 g
- Width134 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.