All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSulfur compounds contaminate many industrially important feedstocks and, on release to the atmosphere as sulfur oxides, can cause widespread damage to the ecosystem. The main objectives of The Sulfur Problem: Cleaning Up Industrial Feedstocks are to demonstrate the importance of eliminating sulfur contaminants from the environment and the measures necessary to effect this. Using a systematic and pedagogical approach, the reader is first presented with the problem. Current techlogy for solving it is then outlined together with appropriate theory on the synthesis, structure and sorption behaviour of the materials used. Relevant characterisation techniques are described with reference to typical sorbents, to demonstrate how the sorption behaviour of the materials correlates with their properties. The book is unique in blending together aspects of environmental chemistry, materials/solid state chemistry, surface chemistry, catalysis and separation processes to address the problem of sulfur contaminants in a wide range of feedstocks.
- Author BiographyJames H Clark is Professor of Chemistry and Director of the Green Chemistry Centre of Excellence, The University of York, UK. He has led the green chemistry movement in Europe for the last 15 years and was the first scientific editor of the journal Green Chemistry and is Editor-in-chief of the RSC Green Chemistry book series.
- Author(s)Diane Stirling
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/07/2000
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleRSC Clean Technology Monographs
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight332 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Series Edited byJames H. Clark,M. J. Braithwaite
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.