All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Original Screenplay by Michael B. Druxman is a memory piece, a Jewish American saga featuring a cast of rich, colorful characters and taking place in a small resort town in central Washington State during the late 1940s/early 1950s. The narrator recalls his childhood when his family spent their summers in the town of Mineral Lake which, despite opposition from many anti-Semitic residents, his father hoped to develop into a Palm Springs of the Pacific Northwest. Inspired by a true story.
- Author BiographyMichael B. Druxman is a veteran Hollywood screenwriter whose credits include CHEYENNE WARRIOR with Kelly Preston; DILLINGER AND CAPONE starring Martin Sheen and F. Murray Abraham; and THE DOORWAY with Roy Scheider, which he also directed. He is also a prolific playwright, his one-person play, JOLSON, having had numerous productions around the country. Other produced stage credits include one-person plays about Clark Gable, Carole Lombard, Spencer Tracy and Orson Welles. These and plays about Errol Flynn and Clara Bow have been individually published under the collective title of THE HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS. Mr. Druxman is the author of 15 other published books, including several nonfiction works about Hollywood, its movies, and the people who make them (e.g. BASIL RATHBONE: His Life and His Films, MAKE IT AGAIN, SAM: A Survey of Movie Remakes, THE MUSICAL: From Broadway to Hollywood, etc.). He has written two novels, NOBODY DROWNS IN MINERAL LAKE and SHADOW WATCHER, a book of short stories, entitled DRACULA MEETS JACK THE RIPPER & Other Revisionist Histories, plus the humorous revisionist history, ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD: From the Secret Files of Harry Pennypacker, and FAMILY SECRET, a non-fiction book co-authored with Warren Hull, which reveals the true facts behind the 1947 murder of mobster Bugsy Siegel in Beverly Hills. An acknowledged Hollywood historian, he has also written television documentaries and has been interviewed for various retrospective featurettes that have accompanied DVD releases of classic films (e.g. THE MALTESE FALCON, etc.) Mr. Druxman is a former Hollywood publicist of 35 years experience who has represented many film and television stars, as well as noted directors, producers and composers. One of his Academy Award campaigns is often mentioned in books dealing with Oscar's history. He has taught various dramatic writing and film appreciation courses in an adult university and is the author of THE ART OF STORYTELLING, which has been used as a text in several colleges. He is often invited to speak to groups of aspiring film and television professionals to discuss screenwriting and the realities of show business. A native of Seattle who graduated from Garfield High School and the University of Washington, Mr. Druxman moved with his wife, Sandy, from Los Angeles to Austin, TX in 2009. His memoir, MY FORTY-FIVE YEARS IN HOLLYWOOD AND HOW I ESCAPED ALIVE, is published by Bear Manor Media.
- Author(s)Michael B Druxman
- Date of Publication09/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.