About this product
- DescriptionA mysterious artifact leads a young boy on an adventure through time in Andy Fuhriman's fantastical debut children's book, The Sun Staff. When Greg Jordan's parents disappeared ten years ago, the only clue left was his father's hat in front of an open museum display case. Now a curious sixth grader, Greg soon discovers that some of the museum's artifacts allow the holder to time travel! Taking his best friend, Jared, with him, Greg grabs hold of the Sun Staff, a bracelet, and a key...and suddenly finds himself right smack in the middle of the ancient Mayan empire! The boys realize that Greg's parents have, indeed, been trapped in this time portal for the last decade. But how can they all escape? Greg learns that the Sun Staff originates from an ancient Mesoamerican sun god. In order to travel back to their own time, Greg must win a game of Pok-ta-Pok, an ancient ball game-thus securing them the keys that will allow them to use the staff and return home. With the help of a native boy, Greg, Jared, and his parents challenge a ruthless Mayan king to a game of Pok-ta-Pok. Will Greg find a way to defeat the Mayan king's elite team in Pok-ta-Pok? And will they be allowed to escape even if they do?
- Author BiographyAndy Fuhriman is a dentist who, as a father of eight, has perfected the art of bedtime storytelling. His debut children's book, The Sun Staff, comes from those nightly tales. Fuhriman currently lives with his wife and children in Ohio.
- Author(s)Andy Fuhriman
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.