All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of one of the world's most iconic images. Martin Bailey explains why Van Gogh painted a series of sunflower still lifes in Provence. He then explores the subsequent adventures of the seven pictures, and their influence on modern art. Through the Sunflowers, we gain fresh insights into Van Gogh's life and his path to fame. Based on original research, the book is packed with discoveries - throwing new light on the legendary artist.
- Author BiographyMARTIN BAILEY is a leading specialist on Van Gogh. With a background in investigative journalism, he began his research in the 1980s. He has curated two exhibitions on Van Gogh and written extensively on the artist. Bailey is also a London-based correspondent for The Art Newspaper. His book Letters from Provence sold over 60,000 copies in five languages, including German, French, Danish and Spanish.
- Author(s)Martin Bailey
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note100 colour and b/w illustrations
- Weight1175 g
- Width192 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.