All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines all major aspects of the highest court in the nation, from the selection of justices and agenda creation to the decision-making process and the Court's impact on government and U.S. society. Delving deeply into personalities and procedures, author Lawrence Baum provides a balanced explanation of the Court's actions and the behaviour of its justices as he reveals its complexity, reach, and influence. This new edition gives particular attention to current developments such as the impact of political polarization on the Court, the justices' increasingly public roles, and recent rulings on same-sex marriage and health care.
- Author BiographyLawrence Baum is professor of political science at the Ohio State University and holds a doctorate from the University of Wisconsin. A widely recognized authority on the court system, Baum is the author of Judges and Their Audiences: A Perspective on Judicial Behavior (2006), American Courts: Process and Policy, 5th Edition (2001) and The Puzzle of Judicial Behavior (1997), as well as numerous articles on topics such as the implementation of court decisions, change in Supreme Court policies, and interaction between the Supreme Court and Congress. He has received the Alumni Award for Distinguished Teaching and the University Distinguished Scholar Award.
- Author(s)Lawrence A. Baum
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/12/2015
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement12th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.