All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing international acclaim for Surf Science: An Introduction to Waves for Surfing (Alison Hodge, 2002), Tony Butt's The Surfer's Guide to Waves, Coasts and Climates will appeal to surfers and all those who are fascinated by the sea and the coast. Four major sections look at coastal geology (beaches; reefs; rivermouths); climate and big waves (climatic cycles; storminess and surf; searching for the biggest waves; controlling the waves: every surfer's dream; coastal intervention (coastal erosion; coastal modification and the surf; oil spills and ecocide); and the planet bites back (tropical cyclones; global warming and the surf; tsunami).
- Author BiographyDr Tony Butt is a big wave specialist based in the Basque Country, and Post Doctoral Research Fellow at the University of Plymouth, UK. He is the author of Surf Science: An Introduction to Waves for Surfing, and a regular contributor to European surfing magazines. He runs a wave prediction website, www.swell-forecast.com.
- Author(s)Tony Butt
- PublisherAlison Hodge
- Date of Publication10/03/2009
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationCornwall
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlison Hodge
- Content Note30figs. 60photos, 11 charts, 11 maps
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.