All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Fascinating ...to be eagerly devoured' Clarissa Dickson-Wright Most people today, if they have heard of her, associate Constance Spry with the cookery book bearing her name. But Connie was much, much more than the author of a bestselling cookery book. She was deeply unconventional, extremely charming and very determined; Spry's life took her from the back streets of Victorian Derby to running a hugely successful business as the florist of choice for the highest of high society, organizing the flowers for royal weddings and indeed for the Queen's coronation. She endured a violent first marriage, had a lesbian affair with a cross-dressing artist and was a pioneer for working women at a time when few women had careers. Sue Shephard tells her extraordinary story with insight, wit and flair. 'Riveting.' Jane Fearnley-Whittingstall 'Makes you fall utterly in love with its subject' New York Times Magazine 'Reveals with the greatest skill and sympathy an extraordinary person - complicated, driven, sometimes secretive but gifted and artistic to an nth degree. What a story.' Elizabeth Buchan
- Author BiographySue Shephard is the author of Pickled, Potted and Canned: The Story of Food Preserving which won the Andre Simon Special Award and Seeds of Fortune. She lives in Bristol with her family.
- Author(s)Sue Shephard
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/05/2011
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight340 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementUnabridged
- Interest AgeFrom 16 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.