All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis survival guide introduces the basics of financial literacy and money management for kids from earning and saving money to spending and donating it and gives readers essential skills for financial kw-how. The book also explores how choices about money and finances connect to character development and social-emotional well-being. Readers will find ideas for setting money goals, delaying gratification, being thrifty, building self-esteem, giving to charity, and making socially responsible spending and donating decisions. The book includes special features such as:
- Fictional vignettes in a choose-your-own-adventure style, putting readers in hypothetical situations where they need to make decisions about how to manage money
- True success stories about real kids who made smart financial decisions
- Vocabulary boxes that highlight important terms
- Financial tactics boxes with helpful tools, tips, and strategies
- Author BiographyEric Braun writes and edits books for readers of all ages, specializing in academic and social-emotional topics. Books he has worked on have won awards and honors including the Eugene M. Emme Astronautical Literature Award, a Foreword Book of the Year Gold Award, a Benjamin Franklin Award, and many others. A recent McKnight Artist Fellow and an Aspen Summer Words scholar for his fiction, he earned an M.F.A. in creative writing from Minnesota State University, Mankato. He lives in Minneapolis with his wife and two sons. Sandy Donovan has written nonfiction books for kids and young adults on topics including economics, history, science, and pop stars. She has worked as a journalist, a workforce policy analyst, and a website developer. She currently works for the U.S. Department of Labor, developing online tools to help people of all ages meet their career, education, and employment goals. She holds a bachelor s degree in journalism and a master s degree in labor and public policy. She lives in Minneapolis with her husband and two sons.
- Author(s)Eric Braun
- PublisherFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $14.41Trending at AU $14.89
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.