The Survival Kit for the Elementary School Principal by Abby Barry Bergman, Judy Powers, Michael L. Pullen (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $92.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor any head teacher, ongoing discussion and professional growth opportunities are critical to being an effective and successful school leader. In some situations, head teachers may be limited to attendance at regional conferences. In small school systems, administrators may experience isolation and the lack of colleagial support from other school leaders. The Survival Kit for the Elementary School Principal demonstrates that the challenges head teachers face are common to all school administrators and that solutions and recommendations exist for a wide range of school leadership issues. Abby B. Bergman, Judy Powers, and Michael L. Pullen combine years of successful experiences as principals to offer an abundance of pragmatic advice for new and veteran school leaders. The book contains an invaluable array of forms, sample letters, charts, lists, and more, plus resources for the successful day-to-day administration of a school. This revised edition provides assistance and growth opportunities in: systems thinking; negotiating the daunting path of NCLB requirements; using data to inform practice; and, understanding the key role that new techlogies play in a school setting.
- Author BiographyAbby Barry Bergman has been involved in the field of education for over 40 years, in both private and public educational settings. Initially a kindergarten teacher, he has taught at the university level and has filled a variety of positions in school administration. Since 2002, he has served as the Regional Science Coordinator for Putnam/Northern Westchester BOCES, a service organization for a consortium of school districts in New York State. Previously, he was principal of the Ralph S. Maugham School in Tenafly, New Jersey, for over 20 years-an elementary school in a nationally reputed lighthouse school district. Having received his bachelor of arts degree from Hunter College of the City University of New York, he went on to engage in graduate study, earning the master of arts, master of education, and doctor of education degrees from Teachers College, Columbia University. In 1996, Bergman received the Administrative Excellence Award presented by the Bergen County Administrators Association. Bergman has also served as an independent consultant in educational product development and evaluation. He has authored books in the field of science education and written several professional articles, pamphlets, and curriculum guides. Having earned degrees at both Barnard College and Teachers College, Columbia University, Judy Powers began her career teaching at the elementary level for 10 years. As both a teacher and a policy board chair of a New York State Teacher Center, Judy conducted professional development courses in the areas of mathematics and classroom management. During her 16 years as an elementary school principal, Judy continued to conduct district- and building-based training and led schools based on a continuous improvement model. While a teacher, principal, and interim assistant superintendent, Judy consistently worked to build strong connections between school and community stakeholders. She led several regional workshops on teacher evaluation, supervision, and staff development. Judy now is a consultant to educational organizations. She has coordinated a mentorship program and now coordinates regional professional development, oversees curriculum development, coaches elementary administrators, and conducts staff development in the areas of leadership and curriculum development in both public and private schools. Michael L. Pullen currently works as an elementary school principal in upstate New York-a capacity he has served in for the past six years. Prior to becoming an elementary principal, his teaching career saw him work in urban, suburban, and rural districts in upstate New York. As a principal, Michael has led several district curriculum initiatives and had made regional presentations about science curriculum development. Under his leadership, his buildings have been recognized by the state education department as either high-performing or gap-closing schools four times. Michael received his B.A. from St. John Fisher College, his M.S. from Nazareth College, and his Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) from the State University of New York at Oswego.
- Author(s)Abby Barry Bergman,Judy Powers,Michael L. Pullen
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/04/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.