All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFerret Skerritt - ventriloquist by trade, conman by birth - isn't expecting to find love at the 1898 Omaha World's Fair, a colourful world of flimflam men, snake-oil salesmen, occultists, and scandalous burlesques. But when he crosses paths with the beautiful and enigmatic Cecily, his whole purpose shifts. Cecily works in the Midway's Chamber of Horrors where she loses her head hourly on a guillotine playing Marie Antoinette; after closing, she rushes off, clinging protectively to a mysterious carpet bag, never giving Ferret a second glance. Until a moonlit ride on the swan gondola changes everything - and the fair's magic begins to take its effect.
- Author BiographyTimothy Schaffert is the author of four novels, including the critically acclaimed Devils in the Sugar Shop and The Singing and Dancing Daughters of God. He has won the Henfield Award and the Mary Roberts Rinehart Award, and has been shortlisted for the O. Henry Prize. He is a contributing editor for Fairy Tale Review, and the web editor of Prairie Schooner. He teaches in the English Department at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Author(s)Timothy Schaffert
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.