All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time, this incisive and revealing exploration of the meaning, mysteries, and misunderstanding of the most powerful symbol in the history of mankind is available in paperback. The Swastika explores the symbol's pre-Nazi religious and commercial uses in all of its varied permutations, the Nazi appropriation and misuses of the form, and its contemporary applications as both a racist and an apolitical icon. Tracing the symbol back to its beginnings in antiquity, this volume then goes on to explore the myths and cults of swastika lore and its evolving use as a commercial trademark and logo, and then speculates on the future of the symbol in two final, thought-provoking chapters - The Swastika Revisited: Today and Tomorrow and Hitler's Children: Rock and Roll.
- Author BiographySteven Heller is the senior art director for the New York Times, an AIGA Journal of Graphic Design editor, and author of more than seventy books.
- Author(s)Stephen Heller
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllworth Press,U.S.
- Content Noteincludes 179 illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.