Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionAristotle has never been able to resist a keen mind in ather, even in his own daughter, Pythias - a young girl who should be content with the kitchen, the loom and a future of childbearing. But she is really smart, able to best his own students in debate; is she a freak or a harbinger of what women can really achieve? Whichever is the case, hers is a privileged position, a woman who moves in a man's world, protected by the reputation of her philosopher father. Yet her entire life is set to change when Aristotle dies, leaving his daughter to discover that the world is a place t of logic but one of superstition, and that a girl can be preyed upon by gods and goddesses as much as by grown men and women...
- Author BiographyAnnabel Lyon is the author of two short story collections, Oxygen, and The Best Thing for You. She lives in British Columbia with her husband and two children. In 2009, she won the Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize for her novel, The Golden Mean.
- Author(s)Annabel Lyon
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight406 g
- Width145 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.