The Sweet Spot: How to Find Your Groove at Work and Home by Christine Carter (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to achieve more by doing less! Live in that zone you ve glimpsed but can t seem to hold on to the sweet spot where you have the greatest strength, but also the greatest ease. Not long ago, Christine Carter, a happiness expert at UC Berkeley s Greater Good Science Center and a speaker, writer, and mother, found herself exasperated by the busyness of modern life: too many conflicting obligations and t eugh time, energy, or patience to get everything done. She tried all the standard techniques prioritizing, multitasking, delegating, even napping but ne really worked. Determined to create a less stressful life for herself without giving up her hard-won career success or happiness at home she road-tested every research-based tactic that promised to bring more ease into her life. Drawing on her vast kwledge of the latest research related to happiness, productivity, and elite performance, she followed every strategy that promised to give her more energy or that could make her more efficient, creative, or intelligent. Her trials and errors are our reward. In The Sweet Spot, Carter shares the combination of practices that transformed her life from overwhelmed and exhausting to joyful, relaxed, and productive. From instituting daily micro-habits that save time to bigger picture shifts that convert stress into productive and creative energy, The Sweet Spot shows us how to say strategically and when to say yes with abandon make decisions about routine things once to free our minds to focus on higher priorities stop multitasking and gain efficiency take recess in sync with the brain s need for rest use techlogy in ways that bolster, instead of sap, energy increase your ratio of positive to negative emotions Complete with practical easiest thing tips for instant relief as well as stories from Carter s own experience of putting The Sweet Spot into action, this timely and inspiring book will iculate you against The Overwhelm, letting you in on the possibilities for joy and freedom that come when you stop trying to do everything right and start doing the right things. ONE OF GREATER GOOD S FAVORITE BOOKS OF THE YEAR [For fans] of a certain kind of self-improvement book the kind, like The Happiness Project or 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think or Getting Things Done, that offers up strategies for making certain areas of life work better without requiring that you embrace a new belief system. KJ Dell Antonia, The New York Times (Motherlode blog) A breath of fresh air . . .Based on personal experiments with living life in what she calls the pressure cooker, Dr. Carter offers advice in easily digestible nuggets. Working Mother Carter gives actionable ways to balance your life, your health, and your career. This book is packed with smart advice and hard-earned wisdom. Inc. Learn more about escaping the busyness trap and uncovering a happier, less stressed you. Shape A highly readable, diligently researched advice book that offers concrete tips on how to get off the treadmill of busyness. Greater Good Chock-full of concrete tips on how to sharpen your focus, improve your efficiency, and use techlogy to your advantage. The Week Illuminates the simple and sustainable path toward a precious and happy balance. Deepak Chopra
- Author BiographyChristine Carter, Ph.D., is a sociologist and happiness expert at UC Berkeley s Greater Good Science Center, an interdisciplinary research center that translates the study of happiness, resilience, and emotional intelligence for the public. The author of the bestselling Raising Happiness, Dr. Carter blogs regularly for Greater Good, The Huffington Post, and Psychology Today. She has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Dr. Oz Show, Rachael Ray, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Today, and NPR, and has helped thousands of people lead happier and more productive lives through her lectures and online classes. Her e-newsletters have more than fifty thousand subscribers. She lives with her husband, children, and stepchildren in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Christine Carter
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Out-of-print date02/03/2016
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.92Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.