All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
About this product
- DescriptionLoyalty (and the damnable lack of it in his wife) was the thought uppermost in the mind of Sir Andrew Millbanke as he looked down at Lady Alexandra's dead body, spread-eagled on the paved pathway of the Residency.' And so begins an engrossing and dramatic family drama, set against the backdrop of Ceylon's bumpy evolution into Sri Lanka, as the Wijesinha clan struggle to balance their staunch political ambition against the igminy of an embarrassing family scandal. And when two young family members, cousins Tsunami and Latha, meet and become firm friends one can guess that their triumphant friendship will be played out over the passing years against both the best and the worst the newly independent Sri Lanka can offer as these two smart and Westernised young women pursue their own personal freedoms.
- Author BiographyYasmine Gooneratne was born in Sri Lanka, and finished her studies in the UK. She won acclaim as a critic and has published several works of literary criticism and one previous novel. THE SWEET AND SIMPLE KIND is her first novel to be available in the UK.
- Author(s)Yasmine Gooneratne
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight552 g
- Width125 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.