About this product
- DescriptionThe Sword And The Stone recreates, against the background of magnificent pageantry and dark magic that was medieval England, the education and training of young King Arthur, who was to become the greatest of Britain's legendary rulers.Growing up in a colorful world peopled by knights in armor and fair damsels, foul monsters and evil witches, young Arthur slowly learns the code of being a gentleman. Under the wise guidance of Merlin, the all-powerful magician for whom life progresses backwards, the king-to-be is trained in the gusty pursuits of falconry, jousting, hunting and sword play. He is even transformed by his remarkable old tutor into various animals, so that he may experience life from all points of view. In every conceivable and exciting way he is readied for the day when he, and he alone of all Englishmen, is destined to draw forth the marvelous sword from the magic stone and become the rightful King of' England.
- Author BiographyT. H. White is the author of the classic Arthurian fantasy The Once and Future King, among other works.
- Author(s)T H White
- PublisherPhilomel Books
- Date of Publication15/09/1993
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPhilomel Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width171 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.