All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to Parlett, 'Vibrations are everywhere, and so too are the eigenvalues associated with them. As mathematical models invade more and more disciplines, we can anticipate a demand for eigenvalue calculations in an ever richer variety of contexts.' Anyone who performs these calculations will welcome the reprinting of Parlett's book (originally published in 1980). In this unabridged, amended version, Parlett covers aspects of the problem that are t easily found elsewhere. The chapter titles convey the scope of the material succinctly. The aim of the book is to present mathematical kwledge that is needed in order to understand the art of computing eigenvalues of real symmetric matrices, either all of them or only a few. The author explains why the selected information really matters and he is t shy about making judgments. The commentary is lively but the proofs are terse.
- Author(s)Beresford N. Parlett
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/1987
- Series TitleClassics in Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 20
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Notebibliography, references, index
- Weight726 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Series Edited byRobert O'Malley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.