All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a detailed study of the motive forces of a yacht written in clear and accessible terms. The author has the rare gift of enabling his readers to relate the nautical phemena with which they are so familiar to a scientific explanation of how and why these occur. The first part covers downwind sailing, upwind sailing, sails, the hull, and the dynamic motion of a yacht. Part Two is devoted to more mathematical explanations of the same phemena for those requiring a more scientific approach.
- Author BiographyAfter five years of working in medical physics in the U.S., Ross Garrett returned to New Zealand to teach and research nuclear physics, which he combined with racing small catamarans and trailer sailers. The Symmetry of Sailing is based on a series of lectures given to amateur sailors at the University of Auckland.
- Author(s)Ross Garrett
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/01/1996
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheridan House
- Content Note383 black & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width190 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.