The Tale of Despereaux: Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup, and a Spool of Thread by Kate DiCamillo (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA brave mouse, a covetous rat, a wishful serving girl, and a princess named Pea come together in Kate DiCamillo's Newbery Medal winning tale. Welcome to the story of Despereaux Tilling, a mouse who is in love with music, stories, and a princess named Pea. It is also the story of a rat called Roscuro, who lives in the darkness and covets a world filled with light. And it is the story of Miggery Sow, a slow-witted serving girl who harbors a simple, impossible wish. These three characters are about to embark on a journey that will lead them down into a horrible dungeon, up into a glittering castle, and, ultimately, into each other's lives. What happens then? As Kate DiCamillo would say: Reader, it is your destiny to find out. With black-and-white illustrations and a refreshed cover by Timothy Basil Ering.
- Author BiographyKate DiCamillo lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She is the author of BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE, a Newbery Honor book, and THE TIGER RISING, which was a National Book Award Finalist. Kate DiCamillo says, A few years ago, my best friend s son asked me if I would write a story for him. Well, I said, I don t normally write stories on command. But this is a story that I know you would want to tell, he said. It s about an unlikely hero. He has exceptionally large ears. What happens to this hero? I asked. I don t know, he said. That s why I want you to write it down, so we can find out. Well, Luke Bailey, three years later, here is the story of what happened to your exceptionally large-eared, unlikely hero. Timothy Basil Ering is the author and illustrator of THE STORY OF FROG BELLY RAT BONE, and he also created the cover image and interior black-and-white drawings for 33 SNOWFISH by Adam Rapp. Of his inspiration for the illustrations in The TALE OF DESPEREAUX, he says, My mother may have been a mouse in her past life, as I watched her save and help so many mice in our house while I was growing up. The illustrations I ve done of Despereaux Tilling are, in a way, my tribute to her. Timothy Basil Ering s artwork has appeared in books, magazines, theater sets, private murals, and fine art galleries.
- Author(s)Kate DiCamillo
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Illustrator(s)Timothy Basil Ering
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.65Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.