Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $29.63
About this product
- DescriptionThe Little Crane is a tale of culture clash and learning to let others have room to grow. The girl Little Crane is requested as a bride for the king of a country bordering her own. For years the two lands have had uneasy relations, and Little Crane's father looks forward to better relations. Coming from a madic, equestrian people, Little Crane has difficulty fitting into her new home of settled people and palaces, but her integrity, tolerance, and genuineness impress her new husband and her new country.
- Author BiographyA person of diverse interests, Ms Wilson has availed herself of all the educational opportunities available to her throughout her life, and has AD, BA, and MA degrees in fields as varied as nursing, business, geology, history, and psychology. She has traveled extensively-- I think I've been on almost every continent except Australia and Antarctica! she notes--living for brief periods in both Saudi Arabia and Egypt-- a little like living life hanging from your heels. --and enjoys the marvelous variations that all cultures display. She is dedicated to both the learning and the teaching experiences of herself and others, and teaches a variety of craft classes for Minneapolis Community Education. I come by it naturally, she says. Everyone in my family has been a teacher, my grandmother, my mom and dad, my brother and his wife. I was a nurse for most of my working life and even in that venue, I did a lot of teaching. And lots and lots and lots of learning! An interest in history lead the author to an unusual account in a history book on China which caused her to muse for years on how the situation might have occurred. It was a strange story, she says. Not what one would have expected in the social context of the day. Over time I began to work out the personalities of the individuals involved so that the tale made some degree of sense to me. After that, I just sat down and wrote down a story, a fairy tale of sorts, that portrayed my version of what happened.
- Author(s)Atheen M Wilson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight124 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.