Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.06
About this product
- DescriptionIt's been 110 years since Frederick Warne published Beatrix Potter's very first book, The Tale of Peter Rabbit , and in celebration, we are delighted to be publishing special editions of her entire body of work. Unlike the traditional little white books, these editions have delightful colourful covers and specially designed endpapers. And to make them extra special, we have included a publisher's te to tell you all about the history of how each book came to be. The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle was first published in 1905, and is as charming today as it was then. It tells the tale of a hidden home high in the hills. It is discovered one day by a little girl called Lucie, who is in search of her missing pocket handkerchiefs. She kcks on the tiny door, and meets Mrs. Tiggy-winkle who does all the washing and ironing for the neighbouring animals. Lucie spends a lovely day helping her, and it's only right at the end of the day that she realises Mrs. Tiggy-winkle is a hedgehog! The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle is number six in Beatrix Potter's series of 23 little books.
- Author BiographyBeatrix Potter is regarded as one of the world's best-loved children's authors of all time. From her first book, The Tale of Peter Rabbit, published by Frederick Warne in 1902, she went on to create a series of stories based around animal characters including Mrs. Tiggy-winkle, Benjamin Bunny, Jemima Puddle-duck, Mr. Jeremy Fisher and Tom Kitten. Her humorous, lively tales and beautiful illustrations have become a natural part of childhood.
- Author(s)Beatrix Potter
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleBP 1-23
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrederick Warne Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date14/01/2015
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight110 g
- Width112 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.