Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $3.50+ AU $7.50 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by 6361rebecca
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Tale of Murasaki is an elegant and brilliantly authentic historical vel by the author of Geisha and the only Westerner ever to have become a geisha. In the eleventh century Murasaki Shikibu wrote the world s first vel, The Tale of Genji, the most popular work in the history of Japanese literature. In The Tale of Murasaki, Liza Dalby has created a breathtaking fictionalized narrative of the life of this timeless poet a lonely girl who becomes such a compelling storyteller that she is invited to regale the empress with her tales. The Tale of Murasakiis the story of an enchanting time and an exotic place. Whether writing about mystical rice fields in the rainy mountains or the politics and intrigue of the royal court, Dalby breathes astonishing life into ancient Japan.
- Author BiographyAuthor ofGeisha and Kimonoand the only Westerner ever to have become a geisha, Liza Dalby is a consultant for Steven Spielberg s upcoming film adaptation of Memoirs of a Geisha. She lives in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Liza Dalby
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.