All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Tale of Old Mortality describes the lives - and often violent deaths - the hopes, and the struggles, of the Covenanters in late seventeenth-century Scotland. A tale of extremism, bigotry and cruelty, it is redeemed by its characters' courage and loyalty, and their passionate belief in religious and civil liberty. Considered to be one of the greatest vels of the nineteenth century, its influence pervades European writing from Stendhal to Tolstoy.
- Author BiographyThe late Douglas S. Mack was formerly Professor Emeritus of English at the University of Stirling.
- Author(s)Sir Walter Scott
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/1993
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleEdinburgh Edition of the Waverley Novels
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 4B
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight875 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Volume editorDouglas S. Mack
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.46
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.