All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeatrix Potter's famous tale of a naughty squirrel who loses his tail is as popular today as it was when it was first published over 100 years ago. Join Nutkin, his brother Twinkleberry and all his cousins as they make their way over to Owl Island to gather nuts. See what happens when Old Brown, the terrifying owl guardian of the island decides he has had eugh of silly Nutkin's cheekiness! Ouch!! This edition is part of a collection of five books designed by iconic British and Irish fashion designers to celebration the 150th anniversary of Beatrix Potter. The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin was designed by Preen; founded in 1996 by Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi, with a joint love of all things Victoriana, a passion for recycling, and with that masculine and feminine, hard/soft mix the couple bring to their designs. Their debut collection at London Fashion Week for Spring/Summer 2001 received rave reviews, described as a sartorial traditional clash, with a very British sense of tongue-in-cheek chic.
- Author BiographyBeatrix Potter is regarded as one of the world's best-loved children's authors of all time. From her first book, The Tale of Peter Rabbit (1902) she went on to create a series of stories based around animal characters including Mrs Tiggy-winkle, Mr Jeremy Fisher and Tom Kitten. Her humorous, lively tales and beautiful illustrations have become a natural part of childhood. A source of inspiration was the Lake District where she lived for the last thirty years of her life as a farmer and conservationist.
- Author(s)Beatrix Potter
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleBeatrix Potter Designer Editions
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width119 mm
- Height143 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementSpecial edition
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.