The Talent Equation: Big Data Lessons for Navigating the Skills Gap and Building a Competitive Workforce by Lorin M. Hitt, Matt Ferguson, Prasanna Tambe (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.04+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.13+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompanies that can unleash the passions and gifts of their people will have a competitive advantage in the landscape of the future - becoming curators instead of keepers of talent. This book gives readers some of the keys to cracking that code. (Carleen Haas, Vice President And Chief Talent Officer, Humana). Is your HR department prepared to flip the big data switch? At every stage of the employee life cycle, a data-driven approach to HR can help companies make smarter decisions about their most important asset: their people. In the wake of the greatest shock to the labor market since the Great Depression, companies are faced with looming skill shortages, retention concerns, and questions regarding the most effective composition of their workforce. The Talent Equation shows you how to navigate today's hiring climate and drive your business forward. Matt Ferguson, CEO of Career builder, offers hiring professionals and business leaders a roadmap to attract and retain top talent. Ferguson and coauthors Lorin Hitt (Wharton School) and Prasanna Tambe (NYU's Stern School) commissioned a landmark big data study of more than 2,700 employers and 33 million resumes to find the relationship between market performance, education attainment, and employee tenure. The findings are enlightening - and quite surprising. The Talent Equation explores: The ROI of increased education levels and retention rates; the benefits of continuous recruitment and talent pipelines techlogy market, and how workforce analytics tools are changing talent acquisition; and the importance of reducing longterm unemployment through training and reskilling. Smart and timely, The Talent Equation also incorporates case studies from leading brands - both global and domestic - that further illustrate staffing issues facing executives today. The insights and research in the book are invaluable tools for anyone who wants to build and retain a dynamic, competitive, and productive workforce.
- Author BiographyMATT FERGUSON is president and CEO of CareerBuilder. He has appeared on CNBC Squawk Box, ABC World News, CBS Evening News, Bloomberg TV, the TODAY Show, Nightly Business Report, and CNNMoney. LORIN HITT is a professor of operations and information management at the University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School. PRASANNA TAMBE is an assistant professor of information, operations, and management sciences at NYU's Stern School.
- Author(s)Lorin M. Hitt,Matt Ferguson,Prasanna Tambe
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.