All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPatricia Highsmith, one of the greatest writers of 20th Century American fiction, had a life as darkly compelling as that of her favourite hero-criminal, the talented Tom Ripley. Joan Schenkar maps out this richly bizarre life from her birth in Texas to Hitchcock's filming of her first vel, Strangers On a Train , to her long, strange, self-exile in Europe. We see her as a secret writer for the comics, a brilliant creator of disturbing fictions, and an erotic predator with dozens of women (and a few good men) on her love list. The Talented Miss Highsmith is the first literary biography with access to Highsmith's whole story: her closest friends, her oeuvre, her archives. It's a compulsive page-turner unlike any other, a book worthy of Highsmith herself.
- Author BiographyJOAN SCHENKAR is the author of Truly Wilde: The Unsettling Story of Dolly Wilde as well as a collection of plays, Signs of Life: 6 Comedies of Menace. She lives in Paris and Greenwich Village.
- Author(s)Joan Schenkar
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication03/01/2011
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Content Noteincludes two 8 page black & white photo inserts
- Weight998 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine51 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.