The Talk: What Your Kids Need to Hear from You about Sex by Sharon Maxwell (Paperback / softback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.85+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionView our feature on Sharon Maxwell's The Talk.A groundbreaking resource to help jump start an ongoing discussion between parents and teens about sex and sexuality Internet chat rooms, boy/girl sleepovers, reality TV . . . there s more to the talk than ever before. Faced with a culture that pushes our kids to be sexy before puberty begins, how do we explain the power of sexuality in a way that promotes healthy, age-appropriate behavior? The Talk is a breakthrough resource for parents and educators that prepares kids for a hypersexualized world and lays the foundation for ethical sexual behavior that can guide our children from elementary school through college. Using real-life situations, Dr. Sharon Maxwell demonstrates how dramatically the world of preteen and teen sexual exploration has changed. She helps parents think through the message they want to give to their kids about sexual behavior, and how that message must evolve as their kids get older. Focusing on the importance of love and intimacy, Dr. Maxwell helps parents define their values about sex and gives concrete ways to share those values with teens. The Talk shows parents how to: *Set family guidelines for safe Internet use *Address the social power that comes from looking sexy, and the personal responsibility each of us has to use that power appropriately *Discuss the moral aspects of sexuality in ways teens will understand *Help children recognize the difference between feelings of sexual desire and love *Develop principles with our teens that will help them figure out when it s okay to be sexual with someone and when it s t Dr. Maxwell connects the dots between reproduction, the potent power of sexiness, sexual desire, emotional intimacy, and the spiritual dimension of sexuality. Offering an invative framework for looking at human sexuality, this book has the potential to change the national conversation on sex education.
- Author BiographySharon Maxwell, Ph.D., has been a practicing clinical psychologist for seventeen years. She won a national award from Parenting Publications of America for her series of articles on sex education and recognition for her sexual health curriculum. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts features her work in its brochures on sex education in a DVD on teens and drunk driving. Maxwell lives near Boston.
- Author(s)Sharon Maxwell
- PublisherAvery Publishing Group
- Date of Publication10/04/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvery Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width151 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.99Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.