All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionSettlers crossing the tallgrass prairie in the early 1800s were greeted by a seemingly endless landscape of wildflowers and grasses, one of the most diverse ecosystems on our planet. Today, although the tallgrass prairie has been reduced to a tiny percentage of its former expanse, people are working to restore and reconstruct prairie communities. This lavishly illustrated guide to seeds and seedlings, crafted by Tallgrass Prairie Center botanist Dave Williams and illustrator Brent Butler, will insure that everyone from urban gardeners to grassland managers can properly identify and germinate seventy-two species of tallgrass wildflowers and grasses in eastern North Dakota, eastern South Dakota, southwestern Minnesota, southwestern Wisconsin, rthern Illiis, rthwestern Indiana, Iowa, eastern Nebraska, eastern Kansas, rthwestern Missouri, and eastern Oklahoma.
- Author BiographyBotanist Dave Williams is the program manager for the Prairie Institute at the Tallgrass Prairie Center, University of Northern Iowa. He has been actively engaged in prairie restoration and reconstruction since 1989. The graphic designer for the Tallgrass Prairie Center since 2006, artist Brent Butler has produced many publications on prairie conservation.
- Author(s)Dave Williams
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- Series TitleA Bur Oak Guide
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Content Note329 colour photos, 43 drawings, 1 map
- Weight277 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Brent Butler
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.