All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.72Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.96
About this product
- DescriptionA romantic thriller set in Sydney, Australia in the nineteen-thirties. Dark and atmospheric, with an intriguing premise, the vel is pacey and tightly structured. A degree of psychological depth gives added interest. It's nineteen thirty-five and Australia is emerging from the Great Depression. In Sydney, nightclubs and casis are filling again. To fuel the good times, the demand for booze and drugs is on the rise. Emma is feeling pleased with herself. She's achieved her life's ambition, a comfortable marriage with two children and a wealthy boatyard owner husband. But her world of privilege and respectability is shattered when she discovers her husband, Paul, has gambled away all their money, and is smuggling cocaine to support their lifestyle. Emma struggles to present a reputable front to society, as her family is targeted by gangsters, her husband's gay lover is uncovered as a police informant, and she is drawn into the arms of a charismatic murderer. When a captured shark regurgitates the informant's tattooed arm, her husband is targeted, and Emma must fight a killer to save her family. The Tattooed Arm is a story of lust and love, of selfishness and sacrifice, and the search for hour in a world where ne exists.
- Author BiographyMartin Simpson has been enthusiastic about writing and drama from an early age. He was bitten seriously by the movie bug while crew doctor on the classic movie 'The Blue Lagoon', starring Brooke Shields. He has studied stage writing and directing under Timothy Daly, award winning Australian playwright. Now Head of Production at Ompyx Communications, Martin's cutest creative outburst is the iPhone App. 'Babe on a Beam', a children's balancing game, now available through the Apple App store. In 2005 he co-produced a series of documentaries on modern Australian aboriginal personalities for French television, 'The New Faces of Aboriginal Australia'. He has script edited feature films including the 'on-water' chiller, 'Visitors', starring Radha Mitchell. He has written and directed several short films, including the multi-award winning 'McGuffin of Love', and in 2006 he wrote, produced, and directed the feature film 'Gene-X', a sci-fi hospital thriller which screened at the Cannes Marche du Film in 2006 and at the London - Australian Film Festival in 2007. He is presently developing another feature film, the neo-noir thriller, 'Indigo Lake'. His previous novel, the thriller 'Brains' is available on amazon.com.
- Author(s)Professor M Simpson
- Date of Publication05/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.