All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAntonio Bernal is a Guatemalan refugee in Los Angeles haunted by memories of his wife and child, who were murdered at the hands of a man marked with yellow ink. In a park near Antonio's apartment, Guillermo Longoria extends his arm and reveals a sinister tattoo yellow pelt, black spots, red mouth. It is the sign of the death squad, the Jaguar Battalion of the Guatemalan army.This chance encounter between Antonio and his family's killer ignites a psychological showdown between these two men. Each will discover that the war in Central America has migrated with them as they are engulfed by the quemazones the great burning of the Los Angeles riots. A tragic tale of loss and destiny in the underbelly of an American city, The Tattooed Soldier is Pulitzer Prize winning reporter Hector Tobar's mesmerizing exploration of violence and the marks it leaves upon us.
- Author BiographyHector Tobar is a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist and a novelist. He is the author of The Barbarian Nurseries, a New York Times Book Review Notable Book, Translation Nation, and Deep Down Dark, now the major motion picture The 33. The son of Guatemalan immigrants, he is a native of the city of Los Angeles, where he lives with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Hector Tobar
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byElizabeth Bruce
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.65
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.