The Teaching Assistant's Guide: New Perspectives for Changing Times by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.36+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook, designed to meet the needs of students on the teaching assistant foundation degree, provides an accessible overview of the teaching assistant's role, incorporating practical tasks that will challenge students to reflect on and improve their day-to-day practice. Set within a wider educational context, and full of thoroughly grounded advice throughout, this book includes: * personal professional development - helping teaching assistants to understand their role and their workplace * growth, development and learning - introducing the basic theories human development and learning * behaviour management - exploring strategies that encourage and support appropriate behaviour * today's curriculum and how children learn literacy, maths, science and techlogy * understanding inclusive education, exploring access, participation and additional needs for specific groups of young people. With activities, task lists, discussion points, ideas, summary points and tes on further reading, this textbook will be the essential companion for all foundation degree students, as well as a useful handbook for teaching assistants in practice.
- Author BiographyLinda Hammersley-Fletcher is Senior Lecturer and Researcher at Staffordshire University, UK. Before completing her teacher training and PhD she was a Teaching Assistant in both the primary and secondary sectors. Michelle Lowe leads the Foundation Degree for Teaching Assistants at Staffordshire University, UK. She has extensive experience of working across the primary sector at a senior level. Jim Pugh is Lecturer and Course Team Leader within the Teacher Education Department at Stoke-on-Trent College. He has worked across several educational sectors during his career, and still teaches in primary schools.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content Note23 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJim Pugh,Linda Hammersley-Fletcher,Michelle Lowe
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.