All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTen years after its first publication, The Teaching Gap remains a critical resource (Publishers Weekly) for anyone involved in education. In paperback for the first time, it has been fully revised and includes a new preface and afterword by the authors. American schools have famously lagged behind foreign schools in all areas of academic achievement. When James W. Stigler and James Hiebert made their assessment of the Third International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS) ten years ago, they discovered that the problem with American education is neither one of testing r curricula, but teaching. A clarion call for treating teaching like the craft it is, The Teaching Gap lays out a clear program for change that administrators, teachers, and parents can implement together. Newly updated with fresh teaching solutions drawn from new research, this educational classic is as vital a teaching tool as ever.
- Author BiographyJames W. Stigler, Ph.D., is a professor of psychology at UCLA and the coauthor of The Learning Gap. He lives in Los Angeles, California. James Hiebert, Ph.D., is H. Rodney Sharp Professor of Education at the University of Delaware and coauthor of Making Sense: Teaching and Learning Mathematics with Understanding. He lives in Kemblesville, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)James Hiebert,Professor James W Stigler
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Notefigures
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.