All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe teachings of Confucius have had as great an impact on the culture of the Far East as the Bible has had on that of West. As they are presented in this deluxe, hardcover volume, The Teachings of Confucius - Special Edition consists of three books in one volume: The Analects, The Great Learning and The Doctrine of the Mean.
The Analects is the most important of the teachings of Confucius. It is a collection of speeches and discussions between Confucius and his various disciples that illustrate his precepts: that anyone, regardless of his station in life, could become a superior man by living a virtuous life.
The Great Learning is a protocol for living, even the humblest actions of everyday living. It is embodied by the practice illustrated by the Seven Steps.
The Doctrine of the Mean deals with the means of achieving perfect virtue by following the middle way. It is a Heavenly prescription of the golden path by which learning and teaching ultimately unfold into perfect virtue.
Like other great teachers, Confucius advocated action based on empathy; on practicing The Golden Rule by only doing unto others as you would have them do unto you. His aim was to improve the value and quality of life for all mankind.
- PublisherEl Paso Norte Press
- Date of Publication11/01/2011
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEl Paso Norte Press
- Weight354 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJames H Ford
- Translated byJames Legge
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.92
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.