Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $35.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany proclaimed the end of television in the early years of the twenty-first century, as capabilities and features of the boxes that occupied a central space in American living rooms for the preceding fifty years were radically remade. In this revised, second edition of her definitive book, Amanda D. Lotz proves that rumors of the death of television were greatly exaggerated and explores how new distribution and viewing techlogies have resurrected the medium. Shifts in the basic practices of making and distributing television have t been hastening its demise, but are redefining what we can do with television, what we expect from it, how we use it-in short, revolutionizing it. Television, as both a techlogy and a tool for cultural storytelling, remains as important today as ever, but it has changed in fundamental ways. The Television Will Be Revolutionized provides a sophisticated history of the present, examining television in what Lotz terms the post-network era while providing frameworks for understanding the continued change in the medium. The second edition addresses adjustments throughout the industry wrought by broadband delivered television such as Netflix, YouTube, and cross-platform initiatives like TV Everywhere, as well as how techlogies such as tablets and smartphones have changed how and where we view. Lotz begins to deconstruct the future of different kinds of television-exploring how prized content, live television sports and contests, and linear viewing may all be television, but very different types of television for both viewers and producers. Through interviews with those working in the industry, surveys of trade publications, and consideration of an extensive array of popular shows, Lotz takes us behind the screen to explore what is changing, why it is changing, and why the changes matter. Instructor's Guide
- Author BiographyAmanda D. Lotz is Professor in the Departments of Communication Studies and Screen Arts and Cultures at the University of Michigan. She is the author of The Television Will Be Revolutionized, Cable Guys: Television and Masculinities in the 21st Century (NYU Press), and Redesigning Women: Television After the Network Era, co-author of Understanding Media Industries and Television Studies, and editor of Beyond Prime Time: Television Programming in the Post-Network Era.
- Author(s)Amanda D. Lotz
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication19/09/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight472 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.